Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2018-06-19T13:23:31+00:00
Reference Number: MIM
Our Client has a role that exists for a detailed, self-disciplined individual, with excellent knowledge of test methodologies applied to a credit environment. Ability to multi-task and manage pressure is a must. Position based in HQ, Johannesburg.
Client: Our client is a specialist finance company targeting the formally employed market and SME’s. The company has grown into a dynamic, rapidly developing pan-African micro-finance organisation with operations across Africa.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Implement and follow a functional test methodology for unit, component and user acceptance testing, aimed at:
- Identifying the Target Test Items to be evaluated by the test effort (Test Plan)
- Defining the appropriate tests required and any associated Test Data (Test Cases)
- Gathering and managing the Test Data
- Evaluating the outcome of each test cycle
- Verifying changes in build to requirements specc’d.
- Implement a test system through JIRA, Spiceworks or other.
- Develop and execute test plans per implementation cycle, per system.
- Work closely with Business Owners to understand desired outcomes on systems implementations.
- Execute positive, negative and regression scenario testing per test cycle.
- Develop a core understanding of the organisations capabilities and systems.
Ability to test:
- Core credit origination workflow
- Front end applications including (web and app)
- Back end integrations to bank and other integrated systems
- Telephony systems
- Work independently to fulfil upon test requirements.
- Work with key company staff to understand product rules, business rules and system requirements.
- Ensure feedback is provided on system bugs (project related and Business as usual).
- Maintain a dashboard of incidents, defects and issues in their state (New, Open, Resolved, etc.), per system.
- Document system flows once tested.
- Feed recurring system issues to the optimisation team for improvement.
- Might be required to carry out other ad-hoc related tasks from time to time depending on requirements.
Education & Experience Required:
- Financial services / credit (or similar) industry experience advantageous
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in testing
- Matric or similar / equivalent.
- Software Competencies: Experience in working on a loan origination system or workflow system would be advantageous.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level is a must.
Skills / Attributes
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of common software failures and faults
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Hands on individual with attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Self-disciplined in daily task requirements
- Positive attitude
- Ability to interpret system requirements and workflows
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.